Rains ISD Student Transfer Information
According to RISD board policy (FDA), the Superintendent is authorized to accept or reject any transfer requests, provided that such action is without regard to race, religion, color, sex, disability, national origin or ancestral language.
A resident student who becomes a nonresident during the course of a semester shall be permitted to continue in attendance for the remainder of the semester.
A nonresident student wishing to transfer into the District shall file an application for transfer each school year with the Superintendent or designee. Transfers shall be granted for one regular school year at a time.
In approving transfers, the following factors shall be considered:
- The grade level of the student seeking admission and the effect of additional students at the grade level or class size, staffing and facilities.
- The disciplinary and criminal record of the student seeking admission.
- The attendance record of the student seeking admission.
- The academic record of the student seeking admission.
- Transfer applications: Transfer applications must be completed each year. Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee acceptance.
- Transfer students must follow all rules and regulations of the District. Violations may result in a transfer request not being approved the following year.
- Parents must assume transportation responsibilities for the transfer student. No bus transportation will be provided.
Documents required with the transfer application in order to be considered:
- Application for transfer (Rains ISD Transfer Application)
- Current year report card
- Current year discipline record
- Current year attendance report (if not listed on report card)
- Copy of High School transcript (if applicable)
- Current shot record
- Proof of residence (utility bill, rental/lease agreement, mortgage agreement or property tax bill with your name printed on it)
For questions pertaining to the transfer application process, contact the Superintendent’s secretary at 903-473-2222.