Rains ISD Student Transfer Policy
According to RISD board policy (FDA), the Superintendent is authorized to accept or reject any transfer requests, provided that such action is without regard to race, religion, color, sex, disability, national origin, or ancestral language.
A resident student who becomes a nonresident during the course of a semester shall be permitted to continue in attendance for the remainder of the semester.
A nonresident student wishing to transfer into the District shall file an application for transfer each school year with the Superintendent or designee. Transfers shall be granted for one regular school year at a time.
The School Board reserves the right to accept or reject any nonresident transfer student for admission to Rains ISD.
The fee for non-employee transfer students is set at $100 per student per year and will be required when your child/children are approved. The transfer fee is nonrefundable because of transfer revocation or student withdrawal. Transfer students may be revoked by the Superintendent at any time for good cause.
In approving transfers, the following factors shall be considered:
- The grade level of the student seeking admission and the effect of additional students at the grade level or class size, staffing, and facilities.
- The disciplinary and criminal record of the student seeking admission.
- The attendance record of the student seeking admission.
- The academic record of the student seeking admission.
- Transfer applications: Transfer applications must be completed each year. Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee acceptance.
- Transfer students must follow all rules and regulations of the District. Violations may result in a transfer request not being approved the following year.
- Parents must assume transportation responsibilities for the transfer student. No bus transportation will be provided.
Documents required with the transfer application in order to be considered:
- Application for transfer (Rains ISD Transfer Application)
- Current year report card
- Current year discipline record
- Current year attendance report (if not listed on the report card)
- Copy of High School transcript (if applicable)
- Current shot record
- Proof of residence (utility bill, rental/lease agreement, mortgage agreement, or property tax bill with your name printed on it)
For questions pertaining to the transfer application process, contact the Superintendent’s secretary at 903-473-2222, ext. 4112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.